- To facilitate a boost to international trade, tourism and transport.
- To facilitate airport capacity ahead of demand, in order to handle an increasing volume of air traffic and to garner the maximum share of traffic in the region.
- To facilitate enhanced airport facilities to make the airport user friendly as well as to achieve higher level of customer satisfaction.
- To facilitate ensure total safety and security of aircraft operations by the introduction of state-of-art air traffic, security and related services.
- To facilitate multi-modal linkages.
- To facilitate a market orientation to the present structure, bridge the resource gap and encourage greater efficiency and enterprise in the operation of airports, through the introduction of private capital and management skills.
- To facilitate foster the development of a strong airport infrastructure, maintaining a balance between the need for economic viability and the objective of equitable regional dispersal of infrastructural facilities.